Metaflow is one of my favourite R packages. Actually, it’s a Python module, but the R package provides a set of bindings for running R code through Metaflow. Recently I’ve spent a good amount of effort trying to improve the way that R data is translated to the Python side of Metaflow, but I just can’t get it to work. So I thought I’d post about what I’ve learnt. Maybe someone will have an answer.
One of the joys of keeping a personal blog is that I don’t have to justify a post. If I want to hook up 4 Raspberry Pis into a Kubernetes cluster just to monitor the humidity of my living room, then I can. And it’s pretty cool to open up a browser and go to starfleet:30001 to see this: I’ve explored Kubernetes once before, when I used it to host an R API made with Plumber.
In case this saves anyone some time, here’s a quick bit of regex and Python code for identifying if a given licence plate is standard or custom (personalised) in a given state. I can’t promise that this logic is correct or up to date. Some of the rules used are a bit more general than they need to be. I also tended to ignore rules before 1970. The rules come from: